I think that it is time to start writing about some of my trips that I made last few years, or better said ”those that have won me”.
I will start with some of my still “fresh” memories from my last summer holidays that I spent on one incredible Greek island- Mykonos. Some of you probably have never heard about it, but believe me, it is a stunning place :)
So, the island is a part of the Cyclades and it is situated east of Athens… and…..hm, I think I should stop with the geography cause for more information definitely Google will be more useful than me :)
Incredibly beautiful island with incredible nature and beaches and more incredible nightlife, often Mykonos is called “Greek Ibiza”. So, let’s go party!
The main town of the island is also named Mykonos or Chora (local name), but what about the beaches? The beaches are approximately 2-10 km away from Chora, but the distances are not a problem because you will find almost 24/7 public transportation, taxis, rent-a-car etc. Keep in mind that driving could be even dangerous- no police, drunk people, very narrow streets ;)
The party is everywhere and the feeling is extremely good ;) Mykonos gathers different people from young party people to famous celebrities….
From the following photos you can recognise Victoria Silvsted & Sofia Vergara:
I will continue my review with some of the beaches that stay almost empty until 12 pm, cause the people are still sleeping after the previous “hard” night.
1. Psarrou Beach- here is the most famous beach, preferred by celebrities Nammos beach. The most chic and expensive beach with good restaurant and club. But if you want to take a sunbed and umbrella, you should book them 1-2 months in advance.
2. Paradise Beach- to be honest, that’s my favourite beach on the island. Nice sand, sea and many beach-bars… my favourite ones- Guapaloca and Tropicana. Here you can find also some of the TOP worldwide clubs- Cavo Paradiso and Paradise club where every year the most famous DJs have their gigs.
3. Super Paradise- one of the favourite beaches of the gay-couples but not ONLY for them :) Unique show takes place in the beach-bar, where people are having real fun.
4. Platis Gialos- calm and narrow beach with tavernas.
5. Paraga- nice beach and very good Mediterranean restaurant.
By the way, I would suggest you to find an accommodation in Chora, because there you will find the most lovely tavernas, restaurants and bars. Apart from the beach-bars, Cavo Paradiso and Paradise Club that I have already mentioned, you will fall in love with the city’s Queen of Mykonos, Astra, Guzel and Caprice (best place for cocktails)…..In Mykonos definitely you lose the time orientation…and…it is time to confess that I went to the airport one day before my flight and surprisingly found out that it is next day…people are getting crazy on that marvelous place ;)
With pijamas on tthe beach ;)